Monday, October 13, 2008

Picture Perfect

Not to exhaust the issue of Sarah Palin's supposedly sexist portrait in the media, I just came across a Fox 61 News page with a variety of photos, including the recently risque leg clip, that helps to illustrate the different ways the media likes to "portray Palin." Here are a few of my favorites.



Now what does it look like they're looking at up there? This next one is a shot from the Vice Presidential debate. I have to say it is just inappropriate. I'm sure Biden was wearing equally nice designer shoes...why don't his feet get any spotlight? Sexism.


And, one of the most controversial photos lately (a few days old, so I apologize) --Palin's Newseek cover. Complete with wrinkles, crow's feet, clumpy mascara, age spots and sun freckles--untouched and unflattering. But she's real, right? Isn't that her whole platform?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually found a photo of Obama that was ALMOST used for the cover of Newsweek but got pulled at the last minute (posted here: http://lwa2008.blogspot.com/2008/10/ridiculously-unfair.html). It showed pock-marks, wrinkles, etc. I wonder why his got pulled and hers didn't. I'm tempted to think it was just random, but maybe there is something behind it, who knows.